Thursday, September 12, 2013

Why I Love Fall

The time is coming! October is almost here! It's finally one of my favorite times of the year. Don't you just love fall? 

Football!


Pretty colors!


Campfires! (Which means Peeps roasts!)


Great temperatures with heat of summer gone but not yet stuck with snow!


Corn mazes!


Silly pumpkin carving!


Delicious seasonal coffee!


Delicious seasonal foods!


Haunted houses!


Cuddling is the best when it gets cool!


What is the best thing about October? Well anyone who has read here for a while knows what is coming next.

HALLOWEEN PEEPS!


Oh wait. Is that not what you thought I was going to say? There is something else and the 30 day countdown has begun. SCONY's Mountain Weekend!


I'm so excited to see all my friends again and meet some new ones. SCONY makes me think of the theme song from Cheers. It is the one place I can go and be surrounded by friends and people actually remember my freaking name (and say it right, unless they're just being jerks)!

Where Everybody Knows Your Name
 
Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot.
 
Wouldn't you like to get away?
 
Sometimes you want to go
 
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.
 
You wanna go where people know,
 people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.
 
 
A very fitting song, I think. 28 more days, my friends! (And check out the countdown clock I added on the top right!) What do you love about fall?


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lea,

Four weeks? Wow. I cannot wait to see you. I promise, promise to pronounce your name correctly. LOL.

Miss you,

Big Hug,
Joey

Marne said...

Lea, thanks for the countdown clock! I love fall, too. It's my favorite time of the year. Can't wait to see you on the Mountain.

Huge hugs -

Marne

sugarsweethoney21 said...

Hi Lea,

Speaking of Peeps, I had forgotten about a pic I took a few weeks ago when Halloween stuff started showing up around here. I was going to send you a pic of ones I've never seen before but I then I assumed that you, being the ultimate authority on Peeps, would have already encountered these ones....they were chocolate flavored cats. I don't know how old they are, but this is the first year I have seen them :)
~sugar

Anonymous said...

I think you covered everything I like about fall!! Wish I was heading to SCONY with you -- Next Year!!!!

Jane

Kenzie said...

Fall is my absolute favorite time, and you summed up why perfectly. :) Hope you have so much fun at scony!

Anonymous said...

Oh.. I miss all of those things :( Especially pumpkin pie and cool whip... and football... and the men who play it.. ugh... have fun at scony :)

Lea said...

@Joey, Haha, I'm sure you will. Yes, a few weeks to go! I can't wait!

@Marne, It'll be here before we know it!

@sugar, Thanks for thinking of me! :-) I have had the chocolate cats and they're pretty good. But if a person hates Peeps to begin with, the chocolate mousse ones are even worse to them. I've discovered this.

@Jane, I wish you were too! It's been too long!

@Kenzie, It is a great time of year! Thanks, I'm sure it'll be a blast.

@slavemala, Thanks for your comment! You can't have pumpkin pie where you are?