|There should be no x over this because cursing is wonderful.|
Now, I am not a doctor or anything, but this is my personal opinion on some of the health benefits of cursing.
- Cursing relieves stress. Don't you feel better after you've been able to vent to someone about all the things that have been bugging you? Doing so while peppering the conversation with expletives works even better! It's like pushing on a valve to release a bit of the stress inside you each time you do it, keeping you from EXPLODING!
-Cursing can help lower your blood pressure. This is all purely independent research, but I actually took my blood pressure at work various times throughout the week and found that it was lower after I'd cursed a lot. Seriously! See relieving stress above, it's all related.
-Cursing can help alleviate pain. Now you all perked up, didn't you? I found the following in this online article. A recent study published in NeuroReport found that participants who immersed their hands in icy water and were allowed to shout expletives experienced significantly less prickly, numbing pain than when they repeated neutral words. Researchers speculate that cursing activates the stress response, boosting the body's pain threshold to deal with crisis. Pretty sweet, huh?
-Cursing adds to an overall sense of wellness. Well you aren't feeling stressed anymore, you have good blood pressure, and you're able to take one hell of a spanking! How could you not feel better after all of that? Cursing is kind of like road rage. You don't have to pull out the big guns, but a bit of muttering under your breath will make you feel better, one f bomb at a time.
|Ah, the things you can buy in NYC.|
The following is content I had in one of those forwarded emails you see again and again, and really cracks me up.
Perhaps one of the most interesting and colorful words in the English language today is the word "fuck". It is the one magical word which, just by its sound, can describe pain, pleasure, love, and hate.
In language, "fuck" falls into many grammatical categories.
- It can be used as a verb, both transitive (John fucked Mary) and intransitive (Mary was fucked by John).
- It can be an action verb (John really gives a fuck), a passive verb (Mary really doesn't give a fuck), an adverb (Mary is fucking interested in John), or as a noun (Mary is a terrific fuck).
- It can also be used as an adjective (Mary is fucking beautiful) or an interjection (Fuck! I'm late for my date with Mary).
- It can even be used as a conjunction (Mary is easy, fuck she's also stupid).