Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Subtle Message From The Beatles

I think most of us are familiar with the song "Help" from The Beatles. Has anyone else noticed some subtle spanking references in this song? First, the cry for help because a top is chasing you or something. Then the line "help me get my feet back on the ground" sounds like trying to escape from the OTK position. Am I just seeing everything in spanko vision here? Check out the song yourself and see what you think.
 
 
 
Help, I need somebody,
Help, not just anybody,
Help, you know I need someone, help.

When I was younger, so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody's help in any way.
But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured,
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me, get my feet back on the ground,
Won't you please, please help me.

And now my life has changed in oh so many ways,
My independence seems to vanish in the haze.
But every now and then I feel so insecure,
I know that I just need you like I've never done before.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me, get my feet back on the ground,
Won't you please, please help me.

When I was younger, so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody's help in any way.
But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured,
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me, get my feet back on the ground,
Won't you please, please help me, help me, help me, oh.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you may have a point there Lea. Things look different with spankovision glasses on.

Karl Friedrich Gauss

Rayne said...

Wow Lea :D I never would have seen this song for what it was were in not for your spankovision! :D

findingsara said...

WOW, talk about hearing something from a different perspective! :)

Sara

Anonymous said...

Very funny Lea. They are Brits, spanko capital of the universe and probably spanked in their day. Do you think Linda spanked Paul?
joey

Lea said...

@Karl, I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it.

@Rayne, I know, right? ;-) The references are everywhere!

@findingsara, welcome and thanks for reading! You could even put a different spin on it and rather than someone trying to escape from a top, it could be about someone asking a friend for a much needed spanking.

@joey, Good question! Anything is possible...

eileen061209 said...

My poor innocent, confused, possibly over-spanked [if that is possible], dear lea. Sometimes one tries to walk back into a time in history, for whatever reason, and totally confuses the genre. In addition to my fetish that most of your readers share, early in 1963, I was exposed to a group of young British men on the Ed Sullivan Show [really dating myself] and instantly developed a severe case of Beatlemania from which I probably will never be completely cured. [I'll compare my LP record collection to that of anybody else.]

But even with the 2 obsessions, I have been able to keep the facts in perspective: The song, 'HELP,' is very basic rock and roll music with some lovely lyrics that later morphed onto the screen and proved that a rock band could, indeed, produce [with a little 'help' from their friends] a very clever and entertaining film.

Thank you for sharing the video; I don't believe I've seen it before. And although the song has nothing to do with your favorite topic, lea, let me say that occasionally my passion for John Lennon moved in a direction other than music and movies.

Lea said...

@eileen, I knew someone would show up crying sacrilege on behalf of The Beatles. ;-) I'll still keep my interpretation on it though.

eileen061209 said...

...of course you will, lea. Of course you will. Even in the wake of Beatles sacrilege, you may 'hold on tight' [sound familiar?] to your interpretation. After all, it's your beautiful blog; but I fear you are leading a new generation astray. I'm just sayin'...

P.S. In addition to my collection of Beatle LP's, I also enjoy a number of the albums on CD in my car. You realize, of course, one always vocalizes much better in the automobile at 70 mph, and the CD player at full volume.