Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pinky

My friend Pinky passed away this week after a battle with cancer. The world is left short one incredible person, but heaven has gained one. Pinky was one of the first people I met in the scene and SCONY and I have nothing but fond memories of her. She was so friendly and welcoming and so much fun to be around. Always a smile on her face and a mischievous look in her eye. And rightly so as she was always up to something. ;-) She brought laughter wherever she went.



She was the original brat and any possible silliness or prank you could think up, she'd probably already done it and ten times better at that. I think she may have trademarked the term "throwing someone under the bus" because she sure was good at that. She was always willing to run you over... err... help you out. Lol. One of my first spankings was partly due to her hiding an item I was supposed to be carrying around and then got spanked for not having. And so it began!


You couldn't be around Pinky for long without laughing about something, whether it was exchanging jokes or her hilarious Hello Titty t-shirt. At this past April's SCONY weekend, I remember a bunch of us were hanging out on the porch just talking. "What's the difference between a dog and a cat?" she asked. "What?" I said. "When you call a dog it comes. When you call a cat it takes a message and gets back to you later." We all laughed and then she shared her markers so we could write something on our nametags that would get us in trouble later.



There is a memorial for her this weekend in NYC. For anyone in the area who knew her, you can find information about that on the SCONY group page on FetLife, along with how to make a donation in her name to the cancer foundation if you'd like to. I'll be thinking of her and all my friends out there and have all my hugs saved up for when I see you all again. Pinky had a loving spirit and I know we'll still feel it with us when we gather again in October. Rest in peace, Pinky. You will always hold a special place in the hearts of all who knew you.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lea,

Beautiful tribute to Pinky! She will always hold a special place in our hearts.

I will be at the memorial service on Sunday.

Big Hug,
joey

SpankCake said...

Lea,

I'm so sorry for you loss, and it seems from your tribute, a great loss to the community. It sounds like Pinky lived life to the fullest, a lesson to be remembered along with her memory.

xo,
SC

Erica said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. She sounded like quite the hoot. I have to confess, "Hello Titty" made me giggle. Hugs!

Kaelah said...

A lovely tribute, Lea! I'm very sorry for your loss, Pinky must have been an incredible woman. The cats and dogs joke is very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lea,

I am so sorry for your loss. You wrote a wonderfull tribute and I hope you will caress the memories.

I wish you strength for the coming time.

Femme Fessee

SNP said...

Sorry to you and Joey on the loss of your friend Pinky. I enjoyed reading about her on Joey's blog and now again here on your blog. May you all be comforted in your memories of a good friend. Sincerely,

kiwigirliegirl said...

I am so sorry to read of your loss, she sounsd an amazing friend and I hope you can find comfort in your many memories of her
love and hugs kiwi xxx

Lea said...

@joey, It sounds like it'll have a big turnout with many showing their support. Many memories to be shared.

@SpankCake, Thank you. Yes, she absolutely lived life to the fullest!

@Erica, A hilarious shirt for a hilarious woman. The logo and everything is similar to Hello Kitty. http://www.luuux.com/design/hello-titty-tshirts

@Kaelah, Thank you. She certainly was.

@Femme Fessee, All of us who knew her have a lot of great memories to share. Thank you.

@SNP, Thank you. I'm sure there will be much reminiscing.

@kiwiegirliegirl, Long time no see! Thank you for commenting.

Ana said...

I am so sorry to hear this, but what a lovely tribute. Hugs.

Susie said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Lea.

Marne said...

Thank you for the beautiful tribute to Pinky. I will always remember her sarcastic sense of humor. She enjoyed making me laugh at the most inappropriate times!

Pinky will always be with us in spirit; she has that kind of lasting effect.

Huge hugs, Lea -

Marne

sarah thorne said...

Cancer is such a horrible thing.

So sorry about the loss of your friend.

sarah

Anonymous said...

Lea,

Beautiful tribute to a great friend. Thanks for all the wonderful memories you shared. Pinky was always willing to talk at chat when I used to be able to get there.
Jean

Lea said...

@Ana, Thank you. *hugs*

@Susie, Thank you.

@Marne, What better times are there to laugh than inappropriate ones? ;-) If you are there Sunday, please give everyone a hug for me. *hugs*

@sarah, Indeed it is. Thank you.

@Jean, I didn't realize you knew her. Friendliness was definitely one of her most noticeable traits.

Kathy said...

I just read this post, Lea, and hadnot to comment. I visited Pinky at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center on the Sunday before she left this life. It was sad to see her so ill, not fully conscious, but somehow those of us who were there that day felt she was aware of our presence. We took turns sitting with her, holding her hand, stroking her arm, talking with her. Before we left, I kissed her cheek, told her I loved her and touched my forehead to hers. I also told her I loved her tattoo, the one on her head, of a stick figure pushing a lawnmower. That was Pinky's indomitable spirit. It chemo takes your hair, then make a joke and don't dwell on the loss. She was the very fist person I met "in person" at the very first SCONY weekend back in 1999 and I will miss her this Oct, and every April and Oct hereafter. She was a special person, one of those rare individuals who fully believed in "live and let live". So ironic that she was taken from us so soon...

Lea said...

@Kathy, She had an amazing spirit. I'm sure that many will show up this weekend to show their love for her. *big hug*